Reseña o resumen
Authoritative and updated, Epilepsy: A Comprehensive Textbook, 3rd Edition, contains 365 chapters that cover the full spectrum of relevant topics in biology, physiology, and clinical information, from molecular biology to public health concerns in developing countries. Written by world-renowned authorities and expertly edited by epileptologists Drs. Jerome Engel, Jr., Solomon L. Moshé, Aristea S. Galanopoulou, John M. Stern, Alexis Arzimanoglou, Jacqueline A. French, Renzo Guerrini, Andres M. Kanner, and Istvan Mody, this three-volume work includes detailed discussions of seizure types and epilepsy syndromes, relationships between physiology and clinical events, psychiatric and medical comorbidities, conditions that could be mistaken for epilepsy, and an increasing range of pharmacologic, surgical, and alternative therapies.
- Offers a thorough discussion of epileptic seizure types and epilepsy syndromes, reflecting the latest research and knowledge throughout
- Discusses major advances in the understanding of the basic mechanisms of epilepsy and seizures, including an expanded section on their genetic etiologies, their consequences and co-occurring conditions.
- Presents state-of-the-art approaches for the diagnostic evaluation of individuals with seizures, pharmacotherapy and alternative treatments, and extensive discussions of the new antiseizure medications for managing seizure intensity and frequency, along with their side effects.
- Covers the latest developments in surgical approaches to treatment, including neuromodulation.
- Discusses psychiatric issues associated with epilepsy and conditions resembling seizures.
- Presents the current state of global health care delivery for individuals with epilepsy.
- Shares the knowledge and expertise of contributing authors from 48 countries and nearly 300 institutions.
Enrich Your eBook Reading Experience
- Read directly on your preferred device(s), such as computer, tablet, or smartphone.
- Easily convert to audiobook, powering your content with natural language text-to-speech.