Reseña o resumen
Comprehensive, authoritative, and up to date, Pizzo and Poplack""s Pediatric Oncology, 8th Edition, remains your most trusted source of information on the care and research of children with cancer. This award-winning text is the single most comprehensive reference on the biology and genetics of childhood cancer, its diagnosis and multimodal treatment, and long-term management. In the tradition of excellence established by Drs. Philip A. Pizzo and David G. Poplack, this 8th Edition keeps you fully informed while helping you collaborate more effectively with others on the cancer care team to enhance quality-of-life issues for patients and families.
- Covers all aspects of the breadth and depth of childhood cancer, including basic science, diagnostic tools, principles of treatment, and clinical trials, as well as highly detailed, definitive coverage of each pediatric malignancy.
- Includes updates to current treatment approaches based on the results of recently completed and published clinical research.
- Contains new information on the biology of pediatric malignancies and strategies for the conduct of clinical trials that reflect the rapid pace of laboratory discovery.
- Features chapters on palliative care and education, and covers supportive care in contexts such as emergencies, infectious disease, and nutrition.
- Provides expert guidance on state-of-the-art, multidisciplinary care for children and families, including psychosocial aspects of care and perspectives from patients and parents.
- Discusses the cooperative nature of pediatric oncology as a model for cancer research with information from cooperative clinical trial groups and consortia.
Enrich Your eBook Reading Experience
- Read directly on your preferred device(s), such as computer, tablet, or smartphone.
- Easily convert to audiobook, powering your content with natural language text-to-speech.