Reseña o resumen
1. Chronic pain diseases that occur in the orofacial region.
2. Top 25 most prescribed medications used in an OFP Treatment Center and how to compare medications for efficacy (include NNT and NNH).
3. Metabolism of medications including liver enzymes & genetics including DDI's, ADR's, Cytochrome P450 table and pharmacogentics issues in OFP.
4. Pharmacolegal Issues (DEA/DOJ/Off Label use and Schedule II medications tracking).
5. Opioids short/long-term use and current approaches for non-malignant chronic orofacial pain.
6. NSAID, Steroids and DMARDs.
7. OTC agents, Oral rinses and Topical agents used for pain.
8. Anti-convulsants agents and pain.
9. Anti-spasmotic agents.
10. Short term anxiolytic agents used in pain medicine.
11. Injectable agents for pain (including Botox).
12. Chronic HA medications.
13. BMS treatment.
14. Acute Chemo-Radiation Therapy Mucositis Prevention and Management.
15. Chronic Oral Mucositis, GVHD, Ulcerative Mucosal Pain and Bleeding associated with vesculobullous lesions.
16 Psychopharmacology and Pain.
17. Anti-Bacterial agents and their use in pain.
18. Medications as Diagnostic Tests.
19. Controversial pharmacologic therapies for OFP will be reviewed