Presents the practice-proven experience of Steven D. Waldman, MD - author of numerous groundbreaking pain management references - along with world leading experts.
Uses a templated, color-coded format to facilitate fast and easy reference.
Offers state-of-the-art techniques for the diagnosis and treatment of pain syndromes.
This comprehensive two-volume set includes an image library CD-ROM, allowing users to view and download all images from the book electronically.
SECTION 1. THE BASIC SCIENCE OF PAIN MANAGEMENT
1. A Conceptual Framework for Understanding Pain in the Human, Ronald Melzack, PhD, and Joel Katz, MD
2. Anatomy of the Pain Processing System, Tony L. Yaksh, PhD, and Z. David Luo, MD, PhD
3. Dynamics of the Pain Processing System, Tony L. Yaksh, PhD
SECTION 2. THE EVALUATION OF THE PATIENT IN PAIN
4. History and Physical Examination of the Patient in Pain, Charles Donohoe, MD
5. Patterns of Common Pain Management Syndromes, Bernard M. Abrams, MD
6. Rational Use of Laboratory Testing, Charles Donohoe, MD
7. Plain Radiography, David Dai-Fu Hou, MD, and John A. Carrino, MD, MPH
8. Nuclear Medicine Techniques, David Dai-Fu Hou, MD, and John A. Carrino, MD, MPH
9. Computed Tomography, Joel A. Nielsen, DO, and John A. Carrino, MD, MPH
10. Magnetic Resonance Imaging, Eric T. Chou, MD, and John A. Carrino, MD, MPH
11. Discography, Milton H. Landers, DO, PhD
12. Epidurography, Jeffrey P. Meyer, MD, Miles R. Day, MD, and Gabor B. Racz, MD
13. Selective Nerve Root Blocks, Steven D. Waldman, MD, JD
14. Differential Neural Blockade for the Diagnosis of Pain, Alon P. Winnie, MD, and Kenneth Candido, MD
15. Spinal Canal Endoscopy, Lloyd R. Saberski, MD
16. Electromyography and Nerve Conduction Velocity Testing, Bernard M. Abrams, MD
17. Evoked Potential Testing, Howard J. Waldman, MD, DO
18. The Measurement of Pain: Objectifying the Subjective, Darrin J. Correll, MD
19. Chronic Pain: Physiological, Diagnostic, and Management Considerations, Brian Hainline, MD
SECTION 3. GENERALIZED PAIN SYNDROMES ENCOUNTERED IN CLINICAL PRACTICE
Part A. Acute Pain Syndromes
20. Acute Postoperative Pain, Steven D. Waldman, MD
21. Burn Pain, Krishna Boddu, MB BS, David R. Patterson, PhD, Sam R. Sharar, MD, Shelley Wiechman, PhD
22. Sickle Cell Pain, Kimberley Smith-Martin, MD
23. Acute Headache, Seymour Diamond, MD, and George R. Nissan, DO