5% de descuento en todos los libros solicitados por la web
Por la alerta sanitaria la tienda física de Librería Felgueroso permanecerá cerrada.
Los pedidos realizados por la web se seguirán sirviendo regularmente.
Neuroendocrine Disorders In Children
- EDITOR John Wiley & Sons, Ltd.
Impairments in the interaction between the central nervous system and the endocrine system can lead to a number of disorders in children. These include type 1 diabetes, growth disorders, adrenal thyroid and pituitary problems, Addison""s disease and Cushing syndrome, among others.
Neuroendocrine Disorders in Children provides a comprehensive examination of paediatric and adolescent disorders focusing on the basic science and its clinical relevance. Complex issues are discussed in an easy-to-follow manner and the latest developments in the area are reviewed.
This volume will become invaluable reading for paediatric endocrinologists, paediatric and adult neurologists and trainee paediatricians.
Sections in the book cover
- The GH-IGF1 axis and the brain
- The thyroid axis and the brain
- Regulation of appetite and weight
- Effects of treatment of cancer on the neuroendocrine system
- Adrenal disorders and the brain
- Neuroendocrinology and the reproductive axis
- Neurological complications of diabetes mellitus
Section 1: The GH-IGF1 axis and the brain
1. Normal hypothalamo-pituitary function and the neuroendocrine regulation of growth
2. Disorders of the GH-IGF1 axis leading to growth failure
3. The effect of growth hormone on the brain
4. Impact of disorders of the GH-IGF1 axis on neurological functioning in childhood
5. Neuroencocrine Disorders of salt and water balance
Section 2: The thyroid axis and the brain
6. The hypothalamic-pituitary-thyroid axis: anatomy and physiology
7. Disorders of the hypothalamo-pituitary-thyroid
8. Impact of Thyroid Disorders on Neurological Function
Section 3: Regulation of appetite and weight
9. The role of the hypothalamus in normal weight regulation
10. Genetic childhood obesity syndromes
11. Treatment of Obesity
Section 4: Effects of treatment of cancer on the neuroendocrine system
12. Late effects of cancer and its treatments on the neuroendocrine system
Section 5: Adrenal disorders and the brain
15. The hypothalamo-pituitary-adrenal axis and its regulation
16. The effect of stress on the hypothalamic-pituitary-adrenal axis: an update
17. Adrenoleukodystrophy- neurological aspects
18. Cushing disease: diagnosis and management
Section 6: Neuroendocrinology and the reproductive axis
19. The hypothalamic-pituitary-gonadal axis
20. Disorders of gonadotrophin secretion Hypogonadotrophic hypogonadism
21 Precocious puberty
22. Psychological and behavioural consequences of gonadal hormone abnormality during early development
Section 7 Neurological complications of diabetes mellitus
23. Diabetes and the developing brain
24. The Central actions of insulin
Books supplied direct from felgueroso.com are 100% authentic, 100% brand new, and 100% FELGUEROSO
The trusted bookseller of academic, scientific, and professional books since 1982
©2010-2020 Librería Felgueroso. Av. Andalucía, 31 C.P. 29006 Málaga, España